Be part of the family!
Diesel Mechanic Needed!!
Hi-Tech Diesel is the Tri-City’s leading truck & trailer repair facility and is hiring a Full-Time Diesel Mechanic . The diesel mechanic will perform repairs and scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with DOT standards on both our tractors and trailers. Other duties will include maintaining shop parts, ordering and inventory control, tire repairs/changes, light vehicle electrical and some welding. The ideal candidate will be able to problem solve and be flexible to the ever changing environment of the transportation industry.
With Hi-Tech Diesel, you are moving your career in the right direction!
• Competitive Pay
• Health & Dental Insurance
• 401K with company matching
• Companywide commitment to SAFETY
• Direct Deposit
• Mechanic Bonus Initiative Program
• Uniforms and Safety Boots furnished
Move your Career in the right direction!!
• 2 years diesel mechanic experience / highway equipment maintenance or relevant training from a Technical School.
• DOT air brake certification and annual federal vehicle inspection certification
• Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsements is preferred but not required
• Must be willing to get Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsements
• Must be able to Pass FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse
• Good knowledge of quality management systems, FDA Vol 40 and CMGP; experience in change management are a plus but not required
• Strong Knowledge of DOT and Safety Regulations
• Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions
• Basic computer skills along with written and oral communication skills
• Ability to lift 75 pounds
• Ability to bend, climb into cabs of trucks, use tools and power tools
• Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate
• On call nights, weekends and holidays as required